Monday, April 26, 2010

And God said "Not now, Donna......"





Hello dear friends and prayer warriors,







Well, I had planned to be writing you from Haiti right now. My bags were packed and my airline ticket was in hand; the only thing missing was my passport! It is missing from the file where it usually resides.....and despite a frantic search of the many boxes and files still lingering from my recent move, it is nowhere to be found. Therefore, I am still sitting at home trying to adjust my heart and my attitude.

I truly believe that there is a reason I was not supposed to be on this mission trip as planned, I just don't know what it is yet.

When I missed my flight on Sunday, I cried and was pretty lethargic most of the day. I sat outside and read the entire book, The Walk, by Richard Paul Evans which held a timely message for me. When I rose today, I read the entire book of James and consciously decided to keep my heart and mind open so I will see clearly where God wants me to serve Him this week.

Now, to update this blog and keep you posted on the wonderful team that IS in Haiti right now. My brother Jim Hambrick (who planned this trip around my schedule) is there with my friends Rich & Sue White and Jeff & Rhonda Cole (the team that traveled to Haiti with me last year from Palmetto Shores Church). Donnice Moore, John Lemke and Larry Dempsey are also on this trip. The team is staying at Christian Light Ministries with Sherry Fausey and will be doing a variety of activities this week.


It is very hot in Port-au-Prince right now, high 90's, and the men are doing some heavy construction work. Today they loaded 158 bags of concrete before posing for these pictures. The ladies are unloading a huge storage closet of items rescued from the earthquake debris and trying to organize it as best as possible. Rhonda has already used her nursing skills to doctor a young boy's hurt foot.



The team took the children from the orphanage to church yesterday and were celebrating God's faithfulness as 10 people were saved at the worship service. Praise God for answered prayers! It is amazing to watch the joy and gratitude that these beautiful Haitian people exude after experiencing such devastation and loss. As team members wrap up the activities of the day and share their thoughts at evening devotions, they have expressed how overwhelmed they are by the desperate circumstances and beautiful spirits of gratitude of our Haitian friends.


Please keep this team in your prayers as they serve the Lord in Port-au-Prince. Pray for their safety and health. Pray that God will use each of their unique skills to make a difference in His name. Pray that souls will be saved and hope will be restored for those in such great need. Pray that all of our eyes will be opened to just how blessed we really are!


I would also ask that you say a little prayer for me - that I will get out of my own way this week and will be joyous as I accept this change of plans. I can't wait to see what God has in store for all of us this week!


Thank you for standing in the gap with us!
To God Be the Glory!


In His Love,


Donna

No comments: