Monday, January 18, 2010

God answers prayers!

God answers prayers! The way has been cleared for my brother Jim to take in a team of 10 people to Port-au-Prince on Wednesday morning on a MFI plane! While there, they will be setting up a medical clinic and rebuilding the security wall that had fallen around the new school building. I will be staying here this trip and coordinating a continuous 24 hour a day prayer chain for their safety and anointing. I need your help! I am asking you to help secure the commitments of faithful prayer warriors for every hour they are away. I have updated my blog, a Heart for Haiti, http://donnatyson.blogspot.com/, to include an hourly prayer calendar from Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 6:oo a.m. thru Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at noon. As you email the time slots you can pray, I will update the calendar with the names. Please pass this request on to anyone you think will help us pray. The following people are traveling on this team: Jim Hambrick (team leader) and his wife Debbie Hambrick (nurse), Dr. Karen McCarthy, Cindy Hodge (nurse), Allison Moore (nurse), Jonathon Grooms (construction and crowd control), Jeff Roberts (construction and crowd control), Chauncy Glover ( Fox news reporter) and his cameraman, Pastor Mike Grooms. Jim will be staying in touch with me via a satellite phone and I will be posting all news from Haiti on my blog, so please check it on a regular basis if interested.

Beaver Brooks did make it to Sherrie's place in Port-au-Prince and has been faithfully gathering supplies for them. Needless to say, Sherrie is exhausted physically, emotionally and mentally. Kathy Brooks and a team of 6 flew in today on a MFI flight in order to give Sherrie a much needed break to recuperate. I understand Sherrie will be flown out today to Fort Pierce where her family will be picking her up. Please keep her in your prayers. Also Kathy and Beaver Brooks and their great team from Much Ministries out of Georgia. God continues to provide the workers for His work in Haiti. If you have medical or construction training, please pray about your participation on upcoming mission trips. Jim will have a much better idea of what the needs are when he returns and will be scheduling future mission teams accordingly.

Thank you again for your prayers. It is hard to remain behind when my heart so longs to be traveling to Haiti with Jim, but I know these valuable spots need to be filled with workers for the immediate needs at hand. Let's hold these workers up in prayer and watch as our Lord is honored in this time of crisis.

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
Isaiah 6:7-9

In His Love,

Donna

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We really appreciate you putting together the prayer calendar!
Love you.

Donna Tyson said...

It is my privilege. I love you too. Donna