Friday, January 22, 2010

READY TO GO AGAIN!

Our mission team is up and ready for a new day of sharing God's love.  At 5:45 am Pastor Michael Grooms shared the following thoughts:      

"Early Friday Morning in Haiti. As I awoke early under the star filled sky, my first thoughts and prayer was when Jesus said "inasmuch as you have helped the least of these you have done it unto me". Today we minister to Jesus! Then I noticed the Big Dipper overhead in a position like it was pouring out God's over the city."

As I read this, I think of our loved ones there looking up to see a star filled heaven and looking down to see precious orphans sleeping safely under tarps on the ground  below.  My eyes fill with tears, and my heart overflows with a strange blend of sorrow and joy.  Thank you Lord for filling the gap between us with your love.  Thank you  for protecting our team thru the night.  Give them renewed strength for the challenges of this new day.  May they experience moments of joy and peace throughout the day that remind them of your incredible love and presence.  Be with their friends and families here and give us your peace that passes all understanding. Use our faith in you to touch the lives of those around us in your name. Be the light in the darkness, Lord.  Amen  

Let's keep praying!  God is at work.
                                                                

2 comments:

ajakers said...

Thank you, Donna. For all you & everyone there are doing. You reaching out to so many in need but your blog is a comfort to the families here as well. You see my brother, Jeff Roberts, is there with you. Your blog & pictures is our only way to check on him. I hope you don't mind but I've shared the pictures & link to your blog with my family on Facebook. Thank you & God bless you!

Donna Tyson said...

So good to hear from you. It is my privilege to be able to stand in the gap for our mission team.
I have traveled to Haiti 4 times since the Fall of 2008 and so long to be there now with my brother. He speaks so highly of your brother, Jeff. I hope I will have the opportunity to meet him one day soon - perhaps we will serve on a future mission team together.
Feel free to share anything I have with anyone you want. It is all for God's glory. If you send me your email address, I will put you on my Haiti update list for quick prayer response and action.

Kaap smiling. I know God hears our prayers and has his arms around our brothers.

In His Love, Donna