Monday, January 18, 2010

updates

Friday, January 15, 2010 9:50 a.m.
Hello my precious prayer warriors.

I don't want to overwhelm you with emails, but I thought you would want to see two emails describing the quake experiences of two of our key missionaries in Haiti. As I am not very good on the computer, I will have to forward them each separately. Sorry! As you will see, there is still great danger and need, so please keep praying. I am now receiving numerous emails from people inside of Port-au-Prince, the latest advising us that the gangs are now walking the streets with machetes looking for anyone with food and water. As the people become more desperate, violence is a key concern. Pray for a band of protection around our workers, friends, and children there.

Many of you have called to ask how to help financially. I would recommend sending the funds directly to Christian Light Foundation at P.O. Box 23881, Jacksonville, Florida 32241. You can designate the funds to:

1) go directly to one of the missionaries in Port-au-Prince
Sherry Fausey and/or Dorothy Pearce
or
2) go to the general Haiti emergency relief fund Christian Light has established
or
3) go to Jim and Debbie Hambrick Special Projects Fund which allows Jim to
personally take the funds directly in to Port-au-Prince and use them for the greatest needs of the missionaries at that time.

Pray about what is right for you. I traveled with Jim to Haiti in 2008 and 2009 for Hurricane Relief and know how critical those funds were in meeting the immediate needs we saw; so I will be directing all my contributions directly to his special project fund for easier distribution. I can assure you that Jim is one of the godliest men I know and will use the funds wisely. He will also give a personal account of how the funds are used.

Again, thank you for your prayers and continued support. I know your heart is breaking like mine as we watch this crisis in Haiti....but God is faithful. I urge you to spend time in His word and recommit to His work here on Earth. It is time for all of us to boldly stand up and profess our faith here in our own country also. May God Bless You.

In His Love,

Donna

No comments: